I’m sorry for not being active in the last weeks. As you might know, I left Berlin for good and moved to London. Something that’s always been a dream of mine.
- December 22nd: I sent out my job application
- January 19th: Got accepted for the job
- January 21st: Flew to London
- January 21st: Viewed an apartment
- January 24th: Signed my apartment contract
- January 25th: First day at work
- February 5th: Moved into the apartment
It all went by pretty fast and I was super lucky that everything turned out the way it did. It is really hard to find a landlord who allows you to bring a pet. Luckily my landlord was really understanding and allowed me to take my dog with me.
Which is also super complicated! You can’t fly to the UK with a pet and you can’t take the Eurostar. The only way to bring your pet to the UK is by car. Which brings me to my next problem. I am 23 and I have a German driving license. However, most car rental companies want you to be 25+ years or expect you to pay a huge amount of money.
But don’t worry – Lumos is coming here by the end of the month.
I will definitely be more active now. I will provide you guys with the whole “Welcome to London” package including:
- An apartment tour
- Things I wish I knew before moving here
- My favourite places in London
- What and where to eat in London
- How to bring your dog to the UK