I know it’s really cliché to have resolutions and most people don’t keep up with them, but I never had any. So this year I made a New Year’s Resolutions list for the first time ever. I thought about what I need and want to change and I came up with a view things that I think are worth sharing.
Things I want to change about myself:
- I want to take better care of my body. In 2017 I hardly worked out, I’m naturally really skinny so I never had the pressure to work out. But this year I want to do boxing again, just because I have so much energy and I don’t wanna waste it.
- The past few months my body definitely told me to change some things. My mental health is my number one priority now. I suffered from so many panic attacks that I ended up in the hospital a couple of months ago. NEVER ignore the signs your body and mind give you. If you have to take a break – DO IT! Your mental health is more important than everything else.
- Be kinder. Actually, I already decided on this one mid-2017, there is so much hate in our world already, that I don’t wanna spread any more. Cutting hate out of your life will make you much happier. Practise forgiveness and kindness and good things will follow. If you can choose between love and hate, always choose love.
- Don’t give up on yourself. If you do something that you like, hang in there! The feeling when you finish it is just the best.
- I want to care less about what other people think of me. In the past, this was one of my biggest problems. I got up every morning and the first thing I did was look at my body in the mirror. I owned so many clothes that I never wore, just because I was so insecure. So many times I didn’t do something because I was told: “men don’t like it”. I went to parties just to impress people. In 2018 I will do things because I like them, I will wear certain clothes because I think I look great in them. It’s my life and in the end what matters is that I was happy and not how other people thought of me.
Places I want to visit:
- Iceland ( I would have gone there this winter, but many things changed and I wasn’t able to go.)
- New York or Boston
- Paris ( I want to visit Paris once a year)
Things I want to learn:
- I want to improve my photography
- I want to improve my handwriting
Bad habits I want to break:
- Touching my hair so much
- Interrupting people
- Skipping meals
Clothes I want to wear more:
- Heels (yes, I know I’m 6’0″)